Monday, April 28, 2008

another year has passed...

so it's officially my birthday today, and i am now 20 years old. i know, it's amazing.

but seriously, what is amazing is how much things have changed in a year. i'm at a fun time in my life right now. at this time last year, i was living on my own up in boise, idaho while going to school at boise state university. i was in a different place mentally and spiritually, and i was at a time where i didn't know what was going to come up next.

i take back what i said... it's amazing how some things can change, yet others don't. i've had a weird feeling the last few weeks that God has something new planned for my life. i don't know yet what that is, or if it's actually going to happen, so i guess you could say that that part of my life is the same. but one thing i do know... i am a different person this year. God has really begun to take hold of my life as i have begun to surrender it more and more. i have gotten to the point where i know in my heart and my head that i don't want control over my life anymore. i was screwing up my life while i was in control, and i know that.

i guess this is just me reflecting on the past year, and standing (well, actually i'm sitting) in awe of the work that God can do in a person's life. He's done great things for me, and i will continue to rely on Him for my guidance and my direction in whatever comes next.

later.
matt

begin - the send

"You called my name
I heard it echo days and days
But still I turned away from you
I've walked a thousand miles

But I want change

I am over feeling like I am all alone
So meet me where I am
Just so I can begin with you again

You called my name
A sound so sweet, I can't erase
But still I hid away from you
Until that sound had drowned

Now I need change

I can't deny that I'm lost alone
And I need to deny who I've been
To begin with you again"

No comments: